3 Small Pie Pumpkins, 2 lb. each
1/2 lb. Ground Italian Sausage
2 Medium Onions, chopped
1 Medium Green Pepper, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
3 cups Long Grain Rice
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
Stuffed Pumpkins Directions
- Check water reservoir and preheat steam oven. Cook 3 cups of rice with 4 cups of water for 20 minutes in steam oven.
- Cut a large circle around pumpkin stems and remove strings and seeds with a spoon.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, vegetables and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is done. Remove the pan from the heat and add in cooked rice, 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and thyme. Stir well.
- Place pumpkins on a perforated pan and stuff with mixture. Replace lid and place in steam oven on steam convection for 35 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven, sprinkle remaining cheese over filling and serve.