1/3 cup Olive Oil
2 Sprigs Rosemary
8 oz. Ground Spicy Italian Sausage
1 15.5 oz. Can Chickpeas
1/4 cup Dry White Wine
12 oz. Rigatoni
8 cups Kale
3/4 cup Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
Ground Black Pepper
Sausage, Greens, Beans Pasta Directions
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry rosemary until crisp, about 2 minutes and transfer to paper towels.
- Add sausage to the same pan and cook 8-10 minutes or until brown. transfer to a plate.
- Add chickpeas to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until brown. Toss and mash some chickpeas as you go. Transfer half the chickpeas to the sausage plate.
- Add wine to the chickpea pan and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of water, until very al dente. About 3 minutes less than box directions.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer pasta to original pot. Add kale and 1 cup of the pasta water. Cook, tossing often, until kale is wilted, pasta is al dente, and sauce is thickened. About 4 minutes. Gradually add in parmesan cheese, tossing until melted.
- Add sausage and chickpeas from plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crumbled rosemary.
Comments are closed