1 lbs. Ground Italian Sausage
1 cup White Rice, Cooked
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
4 Bell Peppers
1/4 Medium White Onion, Chopped
1 Can Tomato Sauce
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper
Stuffed Peppers Directions
- Wash and hollow out peppers. Precook in a microwave for 2 minutes or until slightly soft.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook diced onion. Add ground sausage and cover in garlic powder. Cook until evenly browned.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange peppers on a baking dish, hollowed side facing up.
- In a bowl, mix browned sausage mixture, cooked rice, one can of tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spoon an equal amount of mixture into each pepper and top with cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until peppers are tender.