Our whirlpool baths clean and relax us so give a little bit back. It can be tricky to figure out how exactly to clean your whirlpool without harming the acrylic.
Here are some tips from our the experts at Jetta Baths about how to keep your whirlpool bright, shiny and , lets be frank, smelling good!
1. Fill your bath with hot water
2. Add 2 tablespoons of low-foaming automatic dishwasher detergent (i.e. Cascade, Sunlight, etc.)
3. Add 1/2 cup of household bleach to the water
4. Run the whirlpool for a minimum of fifteen minutes
5. Drain Bath
6. Refill with cold water and operate the whirlpool for fifteen minutes
7. Drain Bath
Cleaning should be done with a damp cloth and a window cleaner (i.e. Glass Plus, Windex, etc.). NEVER
WITH ANY SOLVENTS. Do not use an abrasive or chemical based cleanser of any kind. The fittings should be wiped off with a damp cloth only. Bubble Bath or bath oils are not recommended for whirlpool, air or combination baths.
To add additional lustre on your bath surface, you may use a good automotive wax recommended for plastic surfaces. Do not wax the floor, for this may cause a slip hazard. Light scratches and abrasions may be removed and the original gloss restored by using a light buffing compound. Use a damp cloth, rub in small circles until scratches or abrasions are gone, then wipe with a dry cloth until the original gloss is restored.
Repairs of any kind, if necessary, should be done by qualified acrylic experts!